1100 Block, South Side

Address: 1100 K Street
Built: 1917
Stories: 4
Square Footage: 19,350
Last Recorded Sale: 05/01/1981
Owner: County Supervisors Association of California

Historical Significance: Pacific Gas & Electric used this building as headquarter offices until 1966 (the Architect is unknown). Rich terra cotta detailing at the ground and top floors reflect a Classical Revival treatment, while horizontal fenestration bands recall Chicago School influence.

Current Use: Unknown

1110 K Street
Address: 1110 K Street
Built: 1924
Stories: 2
Square Footage: 10,600
Last Recorded Sale: 08/12/2014
Owner: California Faculty Association

Historical Significance: Unknown

Current Use: This building was sold to the California Faculty Association in August of 2014. CFA intends to occupy most of the building with the exception of a current tenant who intends to stay.

Address: 1130 K Street
Built: 1924
Stories: 3
Square Footage: 116,650
Last Recorded Sale: 11/16/2001
Owner: U.C. Regents

Historical Significance: Originally the Weinstock, Lubin and Company Department Store. The K Street façade of this former department store features an arched entry four stories high and topped by a large terra cotta cartouche. The company was founded in the 1870s by the half-brothers Harris Weinstock and David Lubin. Once the largest department store in Sacramento, the building was designed by the architectural firm of Powers and Ahnden, and later converted to office use.

Current Use: Unknown